From:
Richard Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 21:29:49 -0400
Mimi Ezust wrote:

>I don't see any problem.  None at all.  You want HIP? There are dozens
>of HIP violin players out there.  Some of my best friends are baroque.
>Zukerman is fine, just the way he is.  It ain't baroque: so don't fix it.

The problem is that Zukerman is more than outspoken in his opposition
to HIP.  Yes he plays his instruments extremely well -- though not as
consistently as he used to.  He is now the Music Director of the National
Arts Centre Orchestra in Ottawa and, according to some accounts, has been
making life uncomfortable for local musicians who profess a taste for HIP.
Live and let live? Sounds good to me, but the perception at least is that
PZ's aversion to HIP doesn't allow for a lot of tolerance.

Richard, who invites you to visit his music, outdoors and other WWW sites
at:  http://infoweb.magi.com/~richard/