From:
Daniel Beland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 16:33:58 -0400
I recently bought the excellent Albany CD discussed here last month.
This CD offers a great live recording of Toch's concerto for cello and
chamber orchestra (1925).  This music often reminds me of Hindemith's
chamber concertos (Kammermusik).  Great stuff!  And the cello sonata
is interesting too, with its moving and original slow movement...  Toch
appears to me as an interesting composer, and I will certainly try his
symphonies in the near future!

For more details concerning this wonderful CD, see Steven Honigberg's web
page:

   http://www.webcom.com/steveh/discography.html

I also found a (good) review here:

   http://www.musicweb.uk.net/classrev/2001/Sept01/Toch_cello.htm

This is my first contribution to this list.  This list seems like a great
*agora* for music lovers...

Daniel Beland
Calgary, Canada