From:
Jon Johanning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 13:20:09 -0500
Richard Todd wrote:

>When we first got together my wife couldn't abide Mozart.  All she could
>hear was a prettiness that reminded her of Fragonard.  Then she saw
>Amadeus.  Her conversion was almost instantaneous and today Mozart makes
>up about half of her listening.

A great story -- another soul "saved"!  I think it helps many people to
associate the sound of the music with an image of a real person producing
it.  For my part, aside from the inevitable cases of Beethoven, Wagner,
Mahler, and a few others, I have never really spent much time connecting
music with composer, and one must admit that many composers who have
produced the most spectacular music have lived the most ordinary lives and
had the most unremarkable personalities.

Jon Johanning // [log in to unmask]