From:
Jeffrey James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 20:12:20 -0400
Beth Anderson's Magnificat is available for performances by choral groups

Beth Anderson's sensitive, modal MAGNIFICAT is for SSA, acapella.  It
is also available for SS with B-flat clarinet and piano or organ.  This
three-minute piece is of moderate difficulty and is suitable for many
choral groups.

The version of the words Ms. Anderson has used:

   "My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord.  My spirit rejoices
   in You.  Oh God my savior.  For You have looked with favor on
   your holy servant.  From this day all generations will call me
   blessed.  You, the Almighty have done great things for me and
   holy is Your name.  You have mercy on those who fear You from
   generation to generation.  You have shown strength with Your
   arm.  You have scattered the proud in their conceit, Casting
   down the mighty from their thrones and lifting up the lowly, You
   have fill'd the hungry with good things and sent the rich away
   empty.  You have come to the help of Your servant Israel.  For
   You have remembered Your promise of mercy, the promise made to
   our forebears, to Abraham and his children forever."

For more information about Magnificat or to receive a perusal score,
please contact Jeffrey James Arts Consulting at 516-797-9166 or

Beth Anderson was the subject of Kyle Gann's American Composer feature
in 2001 in Chamber Music Magazine.  You can read the article online at
http://www.jamesarts.com/banderson.htm.  Her latest newsletter is online
at http://www.jamesarts.com/releases/may03/BA_nws_051503.htm.

For more information about composer Beth Anderson, including a bio, list
of works, discography and much more, please visit http://www.beand.com.

Jeffrey James Arts Consulting
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Website: http://www.jamesarts.com