From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 20:21:10 +1100
Art Scott:

>Andrys said:
>
>>I hear tickets are selling fast.
>
>You have a gift for understatement.  I would think that this would be the
>hottest ticket since Horowitz's unretirement.  I hope to hell EMI records
>it!

She cancelled a gig with Ashkenazy and the Philharmonia in Sydney recently.
Few were surprised.  I don't remember his name, but a violinist substituted
and got some valuable notices.  Someone else might get lucky.

A small point - those of us who don't live in the US don't use the
month-day-year way of writing a date.  If Dave's agreeable, could I ask
that when appropriate, we use the abbreviated name of the month rather
than its number, then everyone's happy - I think.

Richard Pennycuick