From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 09:52:14 +1000
Among the new releases my mid-month trawl of the websites unearthed is
a Chandos CD of three symphonic poems by Karlowicz that I remember from
performances on a friend's scratchy Muza LPs.  These later appeared on
Le Chant du Monde CDs, which defied all attempts to acquire them.  For me,
Karlowicz's music is in the same realm of steamy Romanticism as Schreker's
is, and recommended to those who, as I do, enjoy a good musical wallow.
The cover of this new CD makes no mention of its being Volume 1, but I
wondered whether anyone has read or heard of more to come.  I know of
enough music for at least two more CDs, including a symphony and a violin
concerto.

Richard Pennycuick