From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 12:30:16 -0700
John J Kregarman wrote:

>Then a few days ago I read a review of a Naxos disk of 17, 18,
>and 21 which described the sound as awful!  "These are phone booth
>acoustics", noted the reviewer.  So what to do?

Firstly I'd ask some questions about the reviewer: what is his/her track
record with historical reissues?  Is this a respected commentator on
great pianism of the past or some web bozo who thinks anything not
digitally recorded is unlistenable?  The comment you quote makes me
suspect the latter.

Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>