From:
Edward Janusz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 21:50:37 -0500
>From a week ago, Ray Bayles:

>How were the reviews of this concert?  Did others believe good
>performances had been offered to you?

I haven't seen any.  The Pacifica Quartet has done this program in several
venues; several favorable reviews exist on the Web (some but not all
linked via their site, URL below), and I didn't find any negative ones.

However, this was by far the smallest metropolis that they've taken this
marathon to (New London, Connecticut, pop. appx.  25,000).  The local
paper didn't cover it (I like their classical music writer, but he's
also their photography director and doesn't get to everything).  The
host college doesn't put their daily paper on their Web site, and I
haven't gotten back there.

I didn't hear anybody talking about it on the way out or anything.  After
three hours and all this very unfamiliar sound, I wasn't exactly chatty
either.

   http://www.pacificaquartet.com/index2.html

William Copper:

>Number 2, to me, is THE SINGLE WORK in all of musical literature that
>manages to express humanity, or at least humanity-as-communication, by
>sounds instead of speech.

After an endorsement like that, and what Ray said, now I know I'm going to
have to listen to these things again.

Eddie