From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 07:18:24 +1100
Walter Meyer wrote:

>My wife and our then 8-year old daughter visited Vienna about 24 years
>ago and we did get to see the apartment in which Mozart lived at the end
>of his life.  It was easily missed if you didn't know it was there, just
>a (truly) small apartment in a large building...

The one I visited was a Mozart museum and included the original well-known
unfinished painting which, like the Mona Lisa, is much smaller than I
expected.  I had this in mind as WAM's last home, but it was twenty years
ago and the museum might even be in Salzburg.  I could have looked it up in
a great book I once owned called Musical Europe but the friend I lent it to
never returned it.  It's getting to the stage that if I post something
containing IIRC, everyone will assume I don't!

Richard Pennycuick