From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 19:48:32 -0800
David Runnion ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>However, I am a big supporter of alternative settings for classical music,
>always respecting the music, but adding elements such as food, multimedia,
>discussions, open rehearsals, etc.  Especially such things that create more
>of a bond and immediate communication between the artists and the public.
>Things like this are more suited, of course, to a chamber music setting
>rather than orchestral.

Every June there is a small festival held just outside Victoria.  Each
Sunday afternoon Prospect Lake Village Hall is the setting for a chamber
music concert, a beautiful setting situated, as it is, in the middle of
the countryside.

These are great social events, many people bring picnics which they eat
before or after, or in the interval.

But everybody stops everything else when the music starts.

Deryk Barker