From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:43:29 +0000
The article that Mitch provided indicates that Sony reissues will be
between 100 to 200 discs per year; new releases will only be 20 to 25
per annum.  Well, 2 new releases each month doesn't sound like much of
a commitment to me.  Further, I'm getting tired of these reissues of
reissues.  It's like putting out a bunch of used cans, only to find the
same cans at your door a few years later.  Yes, the packaging will be
different and some reissues will be new to the SACD format, but the music
and performances remain identical.  Very disappointing.

Hyperion, Chandos, CPO, and some other labels have a few new releases
each month.  Sony is a major classical recording company?  More like a
major recycling plant.

Don Satz