From:
Tim Horwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 08:15:15 +0100
Miguel Muelle wrote:

>I would love to find out more about this composer ..
>
>This weekend a fellow piano student played a piano piece of his and it
>had some wonderful moments -- but I was more intrigued by the composer.
>Does anyone have more info on Clemet Harris?

Clement Hugh Gilbert Harris
born Wimbledon 8 July 1871
died Pentepagadia Turkey 23 April 1897
Studied at Frankfurt. Pupil of Clara Schumann.
Skilled painter accompanied Wagner (Siegfried?) in 1892 on a painting tour
to Asia.
Enlisted in the Greek army when war broke out against Turkey.

Compositions:
Paradise Lost symphonic poem for orchestra
Four Concert studies
Six Songs
Songs of the Sea
Romance for violin & piano