From:
Wes Crone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 02:16:47 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

>and how many times does one hear 4'33"? honestly.  I have yet to hear
>the whole peice performed.  I heard a bit in my Music Appreciation class.
>anyhow.  I feel the the whole idea is to be natural.

Well, not to sound sarcastic but, I have hear 4'33" every 4 minutes and 33
seconds that I'm walking to class or walking out to my car in the parking
lot or what have you.  I even can hear 4'33" while I'm heading to the lobby
for some Reese's.  Why should I have to sit and watch some "perfformers"
when I can hear the piece on my way to the snack-bar or anywhere else for
that matter.  Remember, 4'33" streeses the music which is all around us,
all the time.  Why not have a Butterfinger and enjoy the music even more?

-Wes