From:
Jeff Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 17:55:45 -0500
Jane Erb brought up one of my favorite "difficult" pieces, the Prokofiev
#2.  I despaired for years as recording after recording, including
Ashkenazy's, failed to carry the first movement cadenza without fudging
or slopping somewhere.

Finally, to my joy, Yefim Bronfman did it right.  Perhaps others have
since, but I, clutching his CD, whatever the merits of his handling of
the rest of the movements, have looked no further.

Jeff Dunn