From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 17:52:17 PST
During the past three days, when driving around I've been listening
to Zemlinsky's 2nd and 3rd string quartets on Koch.  Albuquerque's a
relatively serene and sunny town, definitely not the right location for
these Zemlinsky quartets which I find bleak, angry, and bespeaking evil
in the extreme.

While driving it seemed to me that this was perfect music for a
post-nuclear blast drive through the old home town:  bodies burning and
decaying with the stench of death, disease, and contamination all around.
Is there any music which you would consider just right for the occassion?

Sorry about the morose subject, but some music is much more effective when
conjuring up horrible events and their aftermath.

Don Satz