From:
Ralf Oehlmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 07:51:37 -0500
I was surprised to see that Mahler's 9th by Horenstein is not available
anymore.  Contacting Music & Arts I got the information they still
have some limited copies in stock which can be ordered directly from
[log in to unmask] They also told me no other company was interested in
publishing this recording and that "there won't be a rerelease"!  I've read
many sources about the performance before I bought it and was astonished
none of them mentioned the recording has only bootleg qualities.
Nevertheless - an outstanding CD.

DG announced to release Mahler's 4th by Boulez this month.  Has anybody
been already able to listen in?

Best wishes,
Ralf Oehlmann