From:
"Stephen E. Bacher" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 17:46:17 -0400
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]> writes about the new recording of the
Magnard symphonies:

>The new recording is performed by the Malmo Symphony Orchestra under the
>direction of Thomas Sanderling who received some excellent reviews for his
>Brahms symphony series.

Wasn't that Kurt Sanderling, not Thomas, who recorded the Brahms series? Or
did they both? (The KS is quite fine, especially in the 4th, though I have
some reservations about the tone adopted by the trombones in their entrance
in the finale of the 1st.)

 - seb