From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 08:58:40 -0500
Wiebke Hoogklimmer wrote:

>Hello, I am looking for contemporary music, which deals with the theme
>"Narcissus".  I am looking for pieces for voice and any instrument and
>chamber music without voice.  Thank you so much for all advices!!!!!!!

How about St. Narcissus...Britten: Canticle V for tenor and harp
Narcissus by Nevin (for piano)
Narcissus by Musgrave (for flute and digital delay)
Echo and Narcissus by Gluck (opera)
Echo and Narcissus by Nicolas Tcherepin (a ballet and wonderful!)
Narcissus from "The turning wheel" for soprano and piano by Joubert
Echo's Lament for Narcissus for high voice and piano by Geoffrey Bush
Narcissus by Rautavaara (for piano)
Narciso by Domenico Scarlatti (an opera)
Narushisu by Sonoo Terauchi (a string quartet)
Narcissus by Szymanowski for violin and piano
Homo narcissus from the ballet Diabolus feriatus by Hans Kox
Narcissus, a cantata by Samuel Butler and Henry Jones
Echo and Narcissus by Alexandra Pierce (for flute and piano)
Narcissus by Massenet (soloist, chorus and orchestra)
Narcissus for solo marimba by Mark Applebaum
Narcissus for prepared piano and harpsichord by Nomenda Valanciute
La metamorphose de Narcisse, a ballet soloists, chorus and orch by Rousseau
Echo and Narcissus for flute by Nigel Clarke
Narcissus for chorus by James Woodman
Narcissus from Drie Aquarell for sopano, flute and prepared piano by Ali-sade
A group of Narcissus songs by Machaut
Echo and Narcissus from 4 Greek Myths by Elaine Fine (for Contrabasson and
Piano)
Narcissus, your fragrance and the depth of the stream from Three poems of
Lorca by Travers Huff (for mezzo and orchestra)
Narcissus Overture by R Schlepegrell
Narcissus from 2 Impressionistic sketches for flute and piano by BJ Rosco
Tansistor radio of St. Narcissus by Tim Souster, for flugelhorn, live
electronics and tape
Divino Narciso by John Eaton
Narcissus and Echo, a dramatic cantata by Edwin C Such.
Narcissus and Echo for 2 Children's voices, choir and 13 instruments by
Enrico Correggia
Narcissus by Beat Furrer (an opera)
The Pool of Narcissus (from Sylvan scenes) by Percy Fletcher, for piano,
harp, harmonium, celesta and orchestra
Narcissus from 4 songs to lorca by Lori Dobbins, for soprano and chamber
group
Narcissus for solo marimba by Mark Applebaum (from the Janus Cycle)

Karl