From:
Gerardo Constantini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 00:23:27 -0500
Martin wrote:

>If you do not like opera you are missing something...  Prokofiev's operas
>are terrific.  The fairy angel is something...  Of course he has 6 or 8
>more (war and Peace, Simeon Kotko, The love for..., The marriage in the
>monastery, The gambler, etc).

Ahaa..  It's true,because i can't stand to listen to Opera,i miss many
times the Orchestra solo sections were is not voice in the operas.  My last
attempt to listen an Opera was in 1'979 at the metropolitan Opera of NY.It
was Tristan und isolde.The beggining was beautiful,but unfortunately when
the 1st act came,and all the screemings begun,i just went to my home.  I
really prefer popular singer voices than the "educated ones",like Jhon
Lennon,Laura Pausini,etc.  Singers please don't kill me, but that's my
taste.  Once,i listened a version of the Zauberflote without singing(an
orchestra trascription),it was beautiful.  Regards:

Gerardo:.