From:
Mitch Friedfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 21:25:45 -0500
Nancy Bunin wrote:

>Third- I'm amazed at the breadth of some respondents' collections.  How do
>they finance this?? And after financing their collections, how do they have
>the time to really listen to it all? Surely not all can be independently
>wealthy- or made a killing in the market.  Please let me in on the secret,
>if only regarding time management for music listening!

I finance mine by making choices, and by being the cheapest sonofagun in
the market.  As for listening, I've been able to triple my listening time
by installing a CD player in my car.  This has had the unintended effect
of making me more tolerant of live performances: Once you can concentrate
on something over a left-turn signal, the coughs in a live performance are
barely noticeable.  You have to be willing to listen to a work in pieces,
though.

Mitch Friedfeld