From:
"David Orea C." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 10:42:49 -0400
I agree with Ray Bayles' comment:

>Aaron Jay Kernis' music deserves much more attention than he gets...

In other sites, we can read several posts about contemporary composers
like Sallinen, Gubaidulina, Schnittke, Goldenthal etc.  but I haven't
found comments or replies (when I asked) about Kernis.

So, I'm glad to find a site with a thread about him.

I recommend his 2nd Symphony (with the which he won a Pulitzer prize) and
his "Musica Celestis".  The "Invisible Mosaic III" is an interesting work,
although (to me) not as enjoyable as the previously mentioned (cited)
works.

Dave.
Guadalajara.