From:
Bernard Chasan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 15:56:22 -0500
Edith writes:

>>I suppose we should be glad to have any music PBS is willing
>>to give us these days.

And Bert Bailey agrees:

>Absolutely.  Few others do so for free, so why not...

I disagree.  The marginalization of classical music is a choice that PBS
(NPR as well) has made.  PBS gets some government subsidy (not as much
as was once the case) and lives by frequent fund raisers.  Classical
music lovers should question whether or not the perceived virtues of PBS
programming balance the egregiously bad treatment of classical music.
For me it is not even close and I choose not to contribute.

Professor Emeritus Bernard Chasan
Physics Department, Boston University