From:
Nick Perovich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 15:56:50 -0500
Danny Tan wrote:

>I am sure some honourable members of the list will surely dismiss
>Fantasia 2000 as "commercial", "pretentious" and "unbecoming", (especially
>if they see the segment of Elgar's Pomps and Circumstances where a fleet
>of flamingos are playing yoyo!), but hey, it is all clean fun.

Weren't the Pomp and Circumstance Marches used for the Donald Duck/Noah's
Ark sequence? I thought that the flamingos with yoyo's was to Saint-Saens'
"Carnival of the Animals." I liked some of the bits better than
others--actually, the flamingos were among my favorites, alongside the
flying whales accompanied by Respighi--but I think Danny's right:  it's
a lot of fun.

Nick