From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 00:31:07 -0500
Bob Draper wrote:

>...  If one buys something it should be fit for the purpose and in
>pristine condition regardless of cost.  Therefore I think Berkshire
>should exchange without a problem.

Maybe they should.  (Incidentally, I sent them a follow up notice in reply
to which they apologetically acknowledged that my first had fallen through
the cracks.  That was about two days ago.  I haven't heard more from them.)
But let's be practical.  If Berkshire isn't going to cooperate, I'm
certainly not going to sue them.  And if Berkshire will cooperate, what
if the replacement set also has defects, if not the same ones?

The problem arises not so much at my having ordered a set containing many
CDs as having ordered too many CDs at once.  It wouldn't have taken me any
less time to find one or more defective CDs from an order of 20 different
recordings than from one boxed set of 20 CDs.

So the question comes down to: Should I withhold further trade from
Berkshire? Right now, I might be tempted to do just that.  When I go
through their next catalogue and see their prices, I may be just as
tempted to forego my earlier resolution.

Walter Meyer