From:
John Calvin Errickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 17:49:50 -0700
Yes Glenn Gould was eccentric("Mozart lived too long"), his playing can
grate on some people's nerves and he hummed, laughed during the live
recordings. So what? That sort of eccentricity I can live with when I
listen to the transpositions of the Englis Suites. What I can't abide is
saying his renditions are the worst of any player. His sort of
intellectualism is what is missing in today's musical world.

John Calvin Errickson II