From:
Joe Hagedorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 21:31:04 -0500
Ron Chaplin wrote:

>Does anyone know what the situation is with MP3? Do artists and CD
>companies get paid each time a performance is downloaded from the net?

Mp3.com puts few tracks from each CD up and lets you download them and
let's you buy the CD.  The artist sets the price for their CD and deciceds
what tracks from their CD get put up.  It sounds like a good idea, but in
my experience the site is run very poorly and poorly designed.

I know some people have the understanding that all mp3's are illegal.
Some people won't touch an mp3.  I think it's safe to use the legal mp3's
though.

Joe hagedorn