From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 17:14:46 PST
David Wolf wrote:

>Have you listened to the Vill-Lobos string quartets?

No, but I've been thinking about it off and on for the past few years.  To
my knowledge, the prevalent recorded sources for this music comes from the
Latin American String Quartet on Dorian and the Danubius String Quartet on
Marco Polo.

Any opinions on which recordings I might get to "test the waters"? I could
get them all, but my deadline for purchase restrictions is close at hand.
My wife leaves her job 21 January to devote her time to a PHD disseration
concerning family therapy.  I'm gonna need a lot of therapy once I start
feeling buying addiction deprivation.  Will she provide it? Not likely -
she'll just present me with all the bills to pay.  Ain't love grand?

Don Satz