From:
Ulvi Yurtsever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 21:50:29 -0500
I am interested in three recordings and would like to know if any
listmember has opinions:  one is the Bashmet/Moscow-soloists recording
of Brahms clarinet quintet and DSCH quartet #13 (arrangements for string
orchestra).  I think this is on Sony.  The other is one (and only one) of
two recordings of Winterreise:  Quasthoff (RCA) and Goerne/Graham Johnson
(Hyperion); which one would you choose?

For the last one:  a friend of mine years ago had played for me a CD
with Mahler's string orchestra arrangements of the Death and the Maiden
and of the Beethoven Op.95 string quartets.  I don't remember what
label/conductor/orch.  this was but it was very good.  Does anyone know
of a recommendable CD with this coupling which is still available?

Thanks

Ulvi