From:
Martin Pitchon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 10:30:15 -0400
Gerardo wrote:

>Prokofieff is another story,he touch other "spheres",which belong to
>a some kind of methaphisical context,as Scriabin did too.  Best:

Scriabin is one of my favorites!  (mainly his late works)

About priorities...  It's true I love Prokofiev, I like Rachmaninov but
less...  Even though, in music litterature Rachmaninov is considered as a
(is not my term and I am really sorry about that because I do not share the
expression at all) a minor composer.

If you do not like opera you are missing something...  Prokofiev's operas
are terrific.  The fairy angel is something...  Of course he has 6 or 8
more (war and Peace, Simeon Kotko, The love for..., The marriage in the
monastery, The gambler, etc).

Sincerely,

Martin