From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 20:33:25 -0500
I could make this a long posting, so I'll do the opposite.  There
are dozens of aspects of Bach and his music that I'm drawn to, but the
strongest element for me in his music is the order of the universe.  Even
when his music is wild, I get a sense of strong order.

With a composer such as Mendelssohn, I haven't the slightest idea what
makes him tick or what he might be trying to convey in his music.  He's
like an alien from space.

Don Satz