From:
Wes Crone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 22:54:17 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

>When I first joined the list, I felt very awkward using the "love" word
>to denote my strong positive feelings about a particular work or body
>of works.  But, I went ahead and now have no problem using it at all.
>
>Is it appropriate? Why not? There's no law against it, and common usage is
>on the side of using it for more than "people".  For me, the word "love" is
>fine for anybody or anything I have strong positive feelings about and want
>to engage in frequently.

I totally agree Don....I always state my love and affection for my favorite
works.  I also state my love for chocolate and a good steak and wine.  If
anyone has a problem with that then they I'd be glad to stop using the word
love if they'll make me a nice steak every night and play some of my
favorite Purcell.

--Wes