From:
David Runnion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 17:42:31 +0100
I'd like to introduce a new member to the list, Mr. John Michel.  In
addition to being a fine cellist and pedagogue, John has made an enormous
contribution to classical music on the internet as Director of the Internet
Cello Society.  If you haven't seen his site, take a few moments and go to
http://www.cello.org/  There is no more important cello-related site on the
net, and it is a fascinating place for cellists and non-cellists alike,
with many, many features and resources.  John is also one of the leaders in
bringing quality performance of classical music to mp3.com.  with more than
150 selections online for free download.  He has organized it into some
very useful "Composer's Spotlights" featuring music by Beethoven, Mozart,
Barber and many others.  There are some outstanding performances, notably
of the Beethoven A major Sonata.

John, welcome to MCML. We look forward to your contributions. And by the
way, how do you feel about repeats? *chuckle*

Dave Runnion
http://www.mp3.com/serafinotrio