From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 10:35:18 -0600
James Hunsley wrote:

>Sometime back a lister asked about the identity of the orchestras which
>appeared as pseudonyms on the defunct RCA LP label, Camden.  A key appeared
>in the 1955 High Fidelity Record Annual and I have transcribed it below and
>added a few that were missed.  Perhaps someone else like Karl Miller can
>look over the list and add a few more.

While I won't add, I will suggest two fine articles on the subject.  It
covers many such instances.

Swan, John: The Anonymous, The Pseudonymous, and the Missing: Conductors
on Record Revisited.  Association for Recorded Sound Collections-Journal,
Vol.  XV, No.1 pps.19-24

Lumpe, Ernst A.: Pseudonymous Performers on Early LP Records: Rumours,
Facts & Finds.  ibid Vol.  XXI, No.2 pps.226-231.

Lumpe: Pseudonymous Performers on Early LP Records: An Update.  ibid
Vol.XXVII No.1 pps.15-40.

The Lumpe articles in particular, are quite fascinating.  Lumpe's personal
collection is overwhelming.  (I have a file from a few years ago)

Karl