From:
"John G. Deacon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 13:46:29 +0100
Len Fehskens <[log in to unmask]> mentioned, a propos my comment:

>>It is funny, though, that in other areas of the press, when you know
>>a subject well, you realise quite often how much is shallow nonsense.
>
>Particularly if you've ever been interviewed....

Yes, I have been interviewed and on quite a number of occasions by BBC
Radio 4 during the years 1977-83 and I guess enough time has passed to
tell this story!

I was called for interview on the subject of digital watches etc.  making
noises during concerts and the serious difficulties that this causes
engineers when trying to make live recordings.  As I am not a technician
I took Tony Faulkner with me to join in the interview.

When it was over the BBC interviewer asked me if there were any
personalities in London who could be interviewed.  I replied, yes, Joshua
Rifkin, pointing out that he'd just won the Gramophone Choral Award for
his B minor Mass (Nonesuch - of which I was the distributor).  I duly put
Rifikin in touch with her.

The next thing I heard - they had married!

John G. Deacon
Home page:      http://www.ctv.es/USERS/j.deacon