From:
Juozas Rimas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 21:39:35 +0300
I'd like to hear some opinions (if you have listened to the cd) on modern
music for wind instruments by Ligeti, Villa-Lobos (nice surname), Barber,
Hindemith and Stockhausen.  Hindemith's "Kleine Kammermusik" was a most
exciting thing for me, lively and even jazzy.  On the contrary,
Stockhausen's "Adieu" sounded empty and tiring.  10 minutes of car sirens
is too much although a very meaningful background to the piece can be noted
even without reading the supplied booklet.  Thanks.

Juozas Rimas