From:
Philip Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 13:17:26 +0100
Mimi Ezust wrote:

>I can recommend the Mozart Violin and Piano sonatas on Philips.  Four
>compact discs.  Walter Klien and Arthur Grumiaux.  This set is a winner
>in every way.  Wonderful team!

Yes, they are but when you hear the (sadly small) number of sonatas
Grumiaux recorded with Clara Haskil for Philips in the fifties (2 CD's)
you will probably rate that one much higher.  It's not so much Haskil or
Klien (both superb Mozart players IMO) as rather Grumiaux himself who
played like a god with Haskil.

Philip