From:
Renato Vinicius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 13:46:34 -0300
My girlfriend has a very big house, with a nice garden.  There are a
lot of birds of all colors.  Some of them very small.  All of them have
a beautiful song.  For many times I heard music on that garden, and I
like to hear quite loud.  Of all kinds, from sonatas to operas, from Bach
to Lygetti.  But some months ago I had one of the most unforgettable
experiences of my "musical life".  On that same CD player, in the same
place, with the same high volume, I putted Beethoven 5th symphony and on
the same time music started all the birds (15 or 20) started to "sing"
their songs.  How if they had recognized something "different" on that
music!  Something that the other music never seemed to have!  And all of
them sang.  They recognized some kind of "Language of the Nature" on THIS
music and - as they never did before with any other music - to sing with
it.  On that moment I though the 5th was, as Samuel Johnson said of
Shakespeare, using a verse from Hamlet, a mirror to the Nature (I don't
remember the Act or the cine; but it was said by Hamlet to his mother)
They continued their sing into the hole first movement.  I have to say:
the combination of their songs with the music had an unbelievable beauty.
They, the music and the birdsongs, seemed to be made to each other.  I felt
myself in a sanctuary:some kind of specialty there was on that moment, a
rare event, an epiphany, Life showing it's pearls, birds singing for a
deaf.

Renato Vinicius