From:
Geoffrey Gaskell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 20:12:53 +1300
Recently I've discovered a label called "Scandinavian Classics"
distributed by The International Music Company, Licensed from Classico.
I don't know if this information will mean much to everyone else, but I
at least have been delving deep into a treasure trove of excellent music
and to my ordinary ears quite sufficiently competent music making.  As
I write this, I'm enjoying Ravel's Complete Works for Solo Piano played
by John Damgaard.  Also available on this label is Carl Nielsen's Complete
Music for Piano played by Anne Oland and a CD which includes Holst's
Symphony in F, op.8 "The Cotswolds" & a Scherzo for orchestra from an
unfinished symphony played by the Munich Symphony Orchestra, conducted
by Douglas Bostock.

Other music available ranges from the mostly familiar to the rather
obscure.  There's a CD of Stockhausen Piano Music played by Elizabeth
Klein; a selection of modernist piano music including an example of Josef
Matthias Hauer's alternative "twelve tone system" also played by Elizabeth
Klein; a remarkably effective piano trio arrangement of Schoenberg's
"Transfigured Night" (arr.  Edward Steuermann) with the piano trio by
Arno Babadjanian (1921 - 1983); and Bellini's Mass No.2 in G minor coupled
with "Tantum Ergo" & Missa pro defunctis by Giuseppe Geremia (1732 -
1814) with Katia Ricciarelli, Francesco Aparo, Salvatore Fisichella,
Furio Zanasi, the Camerata Polifonica Siciliana, conducted by Douglas
Bostock.

Such anyway are just a few examples of what is out there.

Geoffrey Gaskell
New Website: http://www.homepages.paradise.net.nz/ggaskell/