From:
Bernard Chasan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 15:48:36 -0500
I don't know James Svedja's work at all - although I assume that I
must have heard him on WCRB 20 years ago.  But it saddens me that there
is nobody- absolutely nobody on WCRB at present, who has (or at least
expresses) the slightest passion for music or expresses any opinions which
are anything but bland and feel-good.  But you can't really blame the
current staff.  There were a couple of announcers who did seem involved
as late as a few years ago.  And what do you know? They aren't there any
more!!!  Unhappily the feel-good syndrome is spreading rapidly to WGBH.

B Chasan