From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 22:08:16 PDT
Mimi Ezust wrote:

>So he doesn't like HIP...so what?  There are dozens of HIPSTERS who
>don't like modern instruments.  Let them play what they enjoy and do
>best.

All well and good.  My objection to Zukerman's statements in the Fanfare
article had nothing to do with his instrumental preferences.  It was the
total lack of respect he displayed for HIP.  He attacked its foundation,
motivation, skill level, and just about any other facet he could think of.
It was as if he was conveying the theme, "my way or the highway".

Don Satz