From:
Richard Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 19:56:14 -0500
Juozas Rimas wrote:

>Would you help me to find a good recording of Bach's partitas and sonatas
>for violin? I'd like to hear one by Gidon Kremer because I absolutely loved
>his old recording of Bach's violin concert (BWV 1042).  They say he's one
>of the best violinists right now.  Thank you!

I have the Kremer (among 20 or so versions).  It has some nice points, but
Kremer produces some very harsh and unlovely sounds with his instrument,
and is particularly distressing in his explosive realization of the chords.
A couple of my favourites are on obscure labels that might be hard to find
in Lithuania, but the recent Naxos recordings by Lucy van Dael are
perfectly wonderful, among the best I've ever heard.

"Richard Todd" <[log in to unmask]>