From:
Sam Pawlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 21:22:21 -0700
Noone has mentioned Karajan's or Beecham's Sibelius yet.  K recorded the
symphonies 3 times I think though he may not have recorded all of the
symphonies in each of these sets.  Both are most well known for their
recordings of the 4-6 on EMI.  (before K went to the BPO.) I like Beecham's
7 too.  These are budget sets and a good alternative to Ashkenazy
especially if you are a fan of either of these composers.

Sam Pawlett