From:
William Strother <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 20:50:48 -0800
My headphones conked out in one channel, so I got new ones today:
Sennheisers, and wonderful sounds they produce.  So I just finished
listening to a very old and beloved recording, Bruno Walter and the
Mozart g-minor.  Such a beautiful, loving interpretation.

Of course it would be invalidated by many in these pedantic times since he
omitted all repeats except in the minuet.  That doesn't bother me a bit;
I can luxuriate in this wonderful performance.  I can also enjoy someone
else's rendition with all the repeats extant.  Seems to me I can have it
both ways here.  But the love Walter puts in the music is his own unique
gift.

Bill S