From:
Mimi Ezust <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 16:24:15 -0500
Yesterday I heard a St. Matthew Pasion that knocked me out.  It's on
Harmonia Mundi (and a copy of it will be mine, mine, mine very soon!)

The counter-tenor was Andreas Scholl.  I had never heard him before.  He
is absolutely top drawer.  Terrific pitch, wonderful expression, perfect
phrasing.

Does anyone else know him? Have other works to recommend? I did an internet
search and I'm going to get his collection of Bach arias, too.

The entire Passion was fine.  Conducted by Herreweghe.  Highly recommended!

Mimi Ezust, Bach freak this week. (Still listening to www.whrb.org)