From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 18:40:06 +0100
Brad Leissa <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>An Ordinary Death Conspiracy Theories Aside,
>Conference Hears, Rheumatic Fever Killed Mozart

I haven't driven through all posts in this thread so sorry if I say
something that somebody else already said:  Some years ago I read about
that they had found what they thought was Mozarts skull.  They let one
of those crimnalpolicefacepickers build a face upon a plastic copy of
the skull, and the result was something that looked "similar to Mozart
paintings".  The skull had a little crack in its left temple, and this
supported the descriptions that says that Mozart was drunk and fell and
hit his temple in the edge of a table.  When the doctors tried to cure him,
in the same way as everything was cured in that time, with blood letting,
he naturally died.  The articles were backed up with some resources and
sounded rather convincing on the whole.  But who knows what Mozart really
died of? Who knows if Beethoven really had rotting appels in his drawer?
Who knows if Carl Maria von Weber really was a nobleman? ... [alas *sigh*]

Mats Norrman