From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 20:02:44 +0000
Wilson Pereira responds to Usama Amin:

>>Amongst my 10 or so different versions, I still prefer the Celibidache
>>with Stuttgart on DG.
>
>Could you provide more information about this recording  (orchestra,
>catalogue number, etc)?
>Is it still available?

Celibidache's Scheherazade is part of a 4-cd set on DG 445139.  Other
works include Pictures at an Exhibition, a couple of Stravinsky works,
and Prokofiev's 5th Symphony with other Prokofiev pieces.  All performances
feature the Stuttgart Symphony Orchestra.

The set is available from a number of on-line sites.  ARKIV has it for
close to $50, and you can get it from an Amazon sub.  for about $45.

Don Satz