From:
Gerardo Constantini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 01:39:57 -0500
Joseph Sowa wrote:

>...  In my opinion, there are two ways composers can write music: from
>their heads and from their hearts.  Music from the head is very structured
>and controlled, yet lacks the warmth, heart, nobility--call it what you
>like--that music from the heart has.  Music from the heart isn't allo
>unorganized heart-on-sleeve stuff, although that is one way that it shows
>it self.  .......

Well you can find those two spheres togheter in that Superlative music of
J.S.Bach.

>Quote from Anton Bruckner:
>
>"Brahms music' comes from his head. Wagner's music comes from his
>balls. But, my music, my music comes from God"
>
>(Bruckner was a devoited Christian)

Well i think more than devoted Christian (sorry anticipated) he was a
perfect poor men for that arrogance to assume his music comes from God.
And if we assume it is true, The God's taste could be very mediocre.
Bruckner (despite some nice works),was not a first class composer.
Ahh....  and his apretiation of Brahms music??.  Regards:

Gerardo:.