From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 22:27:51 -0800
Richard Todd <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Well, I didn't intend it as a glowing recommendation, that's for
>sure.  I have great respect for most of the work of both conductors,
>but the things they did to Mozart . . . no, no, I can't talk about it.

I quite agree with Richard.  How Bruno Walter ever got the reputation
as a great Mozart conductor, I shall never know.  It's slow, ponderous,
turgid, lacks any sense of forward motion...I could, but shan't go on.
Walter's Mahler was superb, and I think that he often got the two composers
confused.

Kevin Sutton