From:
Billy Kitson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 07:15:00 +1000
Richard Todd wrote:

>...  Why is it that so many of the composers who've come to light in
>recent years, and conductors, have come from Estonia? Why not Lithuania
>or Latvia, Estonia's Baltic neighbours? They were subject to much the
>same influence, for good or bad, that Estonia had under Communism.

Hate to discuss the blatant facts of Life with Yer @ 0610 Local Time - the
Czechs and Slovaks are also offering INcredible Baroque Music some/Most
totally esoteric = BUT the reason is DOLLARS US $$$$ - THEY ARE DESPERATE
FOR "THE FILTHY LUCRE"  when from Australia I offered to Pay in US$ (do Not
ask how they got from Korea) = I could have bought ALL the "Shop"!!  I
suspect the Baltic "Ex-Iron" Countries are also "dead broke"?? We will Not
Mention Quote from Czech Consul Sydney = It will take Over 2 MONTHS to
clear an Australian Bank Cheque in Prague!!  & The local bank said
"Categorically Do NOT send Credit Card details to Ex Iron Curtain Counties
Not over the Net/Web or in any form @ All!.

Bill(Y).