From:
Mike Leghorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:19:35 -0500
Phil Domingues wrote:

>Love to drive through town with speakers cranking out:
>THE LAST MOVEMENT OF MAHLER'S 2ND....the "RESURRECTION"

I've done that.  It was one of my more memorable moments in car listening.
My trip home was too short, so I ended up driving around the block a few
times in order to hear the whole movement.

For better or worse, when I crank up the music in my car it doesn't have
much impact to outsiders because I almost always have the windows closed
(it reduces ambient noise).

One time, though, when I did have the windows open, I was stopped at a
stop light at a busy intersection, and I was blasting the first movement
of Nielsen's 2nd Symphony.  I think I noticed some heads turning.  (Btw,
I have a sub- woofer -- installed in the trunk, and a pretty big amp
too.  Two can play at that game, rappers!)

Mike Leghorn